The archaeological site of Agios Georgios at the Pafos village of Pegeia is a famous place of pilgrimage for the region. Excavations that began in the 1950’s uncovered significant evidence of an Early Christian settlement. The place of pilgrimage of Agios Georgios is located between the site of the basilicas and the necropolis. There is also a small chapel founded in the late 13th - early 14th century also named after Agios Georgios. The stone built church of Agios Georgios was built more recently.
The necropolis lies at the brow of the cliff with tombs carved into the rock. Located at the centre of the settlement - on the neck of the cape - is the large three-aisled ‘Basilica A’ with a baptistery adjacent on its west side. A smaller three-aisled basilica with a transept is annexed to the north side of the baptistery.