The technical data of the EOS R:
- Megapixels: Approx. 30.3 megapixels
- AF fields: 5,655 selectable AF positions
- Row mode Max. with Servo-AF Max. Approx. 8 fps with One-Shot AF Max. Approx. 5 fps with tracking AF/AE
- Memory card slots: 1x SD UHS-II compatible
- 4K EOS Movies: 4K UHD with up to 25/30 fps (for max. 29 min 59 sec) MP4
- Canon log: Available by default
- LC display: Touch screen control 3.1 inch display rotatable and tiltable, approx. 2,100,000 pixels, touch screen control GPS Integrated with automatic time update Via mobile device with the Canon Camera Connect app
- Can be used with existing EF and EF-S lenses with one adapter and the innovative RF lenses
- Sophisticated, responsive performance and ergonomics
- WLAN / Bluetooth Yes, integrated Yes / Yes with constant Bluetooth connection Compatible with Canon Camera Connect App
- Batteries LP-E6 / LP-E6N LP-E6 / LP-E6N (only the LP-E6N can be charged in the camera with a USB charger)
Only compatible with the CANON EOS R camera
Increases the recording time due to double battery use
Improves the operation of the camera in portrait format with additional controls
Cargo strap mount and sturdy floorboard available for camera slats.
Provides better balance and handling when using larger Supertele lenses
The new mirrorless EOS R replaces the 5D Mark IV in all areas of photography and also for snapshot video shots in 4K and FHD.
With its 5655 autofocus points combined with the high 30.3MB resolution of the full format sensor, the EOS R delivers very fine image quality, which also impresses in full during subsequent processing. The new 30 MB sensor also delivers significantly improved uptake in the low light range.
In the video area, the EOS R 4K offers 25/30 fps recording, FH 25/50 fps and HD 100/120 fps. Via HDMI can be recorded with an external recorder (e.g. Atomos V) 4K 25/60 Fps 10 bit 4.2.2 and FH 25/50 Fps10 bit 4.2.2. Also new is the completely silent trigger in the One Shot area, so that really no disturbing noises can be heard through the camera insert. Ideal at events and in the natural field.
Another advantage for me is the merging of video clips recorded with the Canon C log integrated into EOS R. These clips are very easy to connect with recordings of the Panasonic GH5 V-Log recordings.